Key Requisition Procedure
- Please fill out the key request form found below for physical keys and UCard access. If your lab/office has key pad access, please contact your faculty advisor or lab manager for a code to gain access.
- The MSE Office will contact the appropriate faculty member or lab manager to obtain permission for you to gain access to the wanted building, lab and/or office.
- Once permission is obtained by the MSE Office, the office will email you notifying you of the granted permission and instructions on paying the one-time $20 key deposit if appropriate. A deposit is not required for buildings and rooms with UCard access.
- Please allow 10-14 business days for keys and 1-2 business days for UCard access to be processed.
- Requisitioners will be notified via email once keys are ready to be picked in the MSE Office (304 CME).
All students and visitors are required to pay a key deposit prior to gaining access to keyed buildings and labs. This deposit is refundable when ALL issued keys are returned upon graduation or end of need. A new $20 deposit will be required to replace lost keys — the previous deposit will be forfeited to cover the cost of replacement keys. Please take note that deposits cannot be transferred between people.
To have your deposit returned you will need to return ALL the keys issued to you to Josh in the MSE Office (304 CME) upon graduation or end of need.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for refunds via UMarket.
- Deposits paid via the Cashier’s Office will require a voucher from the MSE Administration Office you will need to present to the Cashier’s Office for a refund.
- Deposits paid via cash to the MSE Office is available upon return of keys.
Because the two programs are in the process of a merger there may be a few differing policies and procedures because building operations are under different colleges. We understand there might be some confusion so please don’t hesitate to contact Joshua with your questions.