The Undergraduate Materials Science & Engineering Program is accredited by: The Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET >>> www.abet.org.
Graduates of Materials Science and Engineering are expected to:
- Contribute to their chosen materials science and engineering related professions and be successful in their careers.
- Continue to expand their knowledge of materials science and engineering through continued education and learning and seek opportunities for growth and leadership.
- Exercise professional responsibility in dealing with a broad range of global issues that promotes the well-being of society.
- Students will have an ability to apply mathematical, scientific, and engineering knowledge to solve materials related problems.
- Students will have an ability to design and conduct experiments, characterize materials, and properly interpret data in order to understand materials behavior.
- Students will have an ability to select or design a materials based system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints, such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainabilty.
- Students will have an ability to function on teams whose members have interdependent and complementary skills.
- Students will have an ability to identify, formulate, and solve materials-related problems, and understand the structure, properties, processing, and performance of materials.
- Students will have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility for engineering.
- Students will have an ability to communicate technical information effectively in oral and written form.
- Students will have an ability to acquire a broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal issues.
- Students will have a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Students will have an awareness and understanding of current trends and materials application that affect the materials science and engineering profession.
- Students will have an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary in materials engineering practices.
BS/MS Degree Information
University of Utah Graduation Information
Department Statistical Information
|Student Enrollment||Fall 2017||Spring 2018|
Information received from The Office of Budget & Institutional Analysis.