MSE Technical Electives
Students are required to complete four 5000 level or above courses for the technical elective requirement. Please select two courses from Section 1, one course from Section 2, and one course from Section 3. All courses are 3-4 credit hours, and must be passes with a “C” grade or better.
Select two (2) MSE courses from the approved list below.
Note: MSE 5050 courses are special topics and will vary each semester. Students may take multiple sections of MSE 5050 to fulfill the tech elective requirement, so long as the same topic is not repeated.
All MSE Electives
- MSE 5072 – Thin Film Techniques (expected: F 2018)
- MSE 5073 – Nanostructures Materials: Science & Technology
- MSE 5074 – Photovoltaic Materials & Solar Cells
- MSE 5353 – Physical Ceramics
- MSE 5354 – Processing of Ceramics
- MSE 5475 – Introduction of Composites
- MSE 5050 – Materials Innovation (expected: S 2019)
- MSE 5050 – Nanoscale Prob & Imaging
- MSE 5050 – Polymer Synth. & Character.
MSE 5050-002 – Computational Materials Science
- MSE 5050-003 – Single Crystal Growth and Crystallography
- MSE 5050-004 – Polymers: Chemistry
- MSE 5050-005 – Polymers: Materials
- MSE 5055 – Microsystems Design & Characterization
- MSE 5040 – Introduction to Modern Biomaterials
Select one (1) Metallurgical Engineering (MET E) course from the approved list below.
Select one (1) course must be either Nuclear Engineering (NUCL), Mechanical Engineering (ME EN), or Metallurgical Engineering (MET E) from the approved list below. For additional options, please speak with the MSE Academic Advisor.