Building and lab access is a privilege and responsibility that impacts the safety of individuals, labs and research. If given access to the buildings and labs assigned to Materials Science & Engineering (00067) and Metallurgical Engineering (00108) you are agreeing to the following rules —
- You will not lend your keys or give out access codes to other students, researchers and community members.
- You will not access buildings and/or labs outside of the guidelines directed by your supervisor/advisor/PI and/or college administrations.
- You will return building and lab keys to the MSE Administration Office (304 CME) at the end of your employment or tenure as a student/researcher in the department.
Because the two programs are in the process of a merger there are a few differing policies and procedures because building operations are under different colleges. As such building and lab access requests will be going through either Kay and Joshua based on the location of the building and lab(s). We understand there might be some confusion so please don’t hesitate to contact Kay or Joshua with your questions.
- WBB – Browning Building (011)
- FASB – Sutton Building (012)
- MPL – Mineral Processing Lab (058)
- ITL – Mining Systems Research Lab (059)
- CME – Civil & Materials Engineering Building (056)
- HEDCO – Hedco Building (057)
- MCE – Meldrum Civil Engineering Building (061)